Otherkin ‘Islands’ (The XX)
Otherkin performing a cover of ‘Islands’ by The XX live in Asylum Studios in March 2014.
Dublin based grunge pop band OTHERKIN have marked their first 12 months of existence by playing slots at Longitude, Electric Picnic, HWCH 2014 and Whelan’s Ones To Watch 2014.
They’ve followed up supporting NME cover stars Palma Violets and Parquet Courts by completing their own headline tour of Ireland in September. Since releasing their ‘As A High’ EP, OTHERKIN have been on the lips of critics and music-listeners alike.
They’ve just put a busy summer behind them and are currently working on their latest release due February 2015.
Here are some words from the critics:
– DublinConcerts.ie: ‘Rising stars Otherkin marked their first Longitude appearance with a set that will not be forgotten easily by those in attendance. They’re increasingly confident and they should be. Their music is excellent.’
– Four Culture magazine (US): ‘Seldom is a band made that captures the darkest aspects of the human soul and merges them with our desires. Otherkin does this with every song, and ensnares your mind.’
– State magazine: ‘walking the line between accessibility and credibility with ease… Otherkin feel very much like the complete package already.’
– The Last Mixed Tape: ‘As A High is something of a high water mark for Otherkin. Showcasing a more uncompromising aspect of their music, demonstrating a considered approach that separates Otherkin from their peers.’
– Goldenplec: ‘Longitude mainstage is definitely in their future’.
– Artrocker (UK): A must see band who bring optimistic rock back to the clubs
Producer/Engineer – Robin Ball
Assistant Engineer/Guitar Tech – Stephen Caffery
Director/Camera – Bob Gallagher
Additional Camera – Megan Ryan / John Barker